You may call your designated area school to schedule an appointment for Kindergarten Registration on or after February 15, 2012 .
Appointments for Loma Vista will be held on March 6, 7, & 8 and will be located in the front office.
REQUIREMENTS : *NEW California Department of Education Kindergarten Eligibility Age* Your child must be five years old on or before November 1, 2012 and must have a complete and up-to-date immunization record.
Due to Statewide budget cuts, the Transition Kindergarten (TK) program will not be available for students for the 2012-2013 school year.
IMMUNIZATION REQUIREMENTS FOR 2012-13 KINDERGARTEN STUDENTS:
Polio: Four (4) doses of polio vaccine regardless of age when the last dose was given, or (2) s/he received 3 doses of polio with at least one dose after the fourth birthday. If the 3 rd dose was before the 4 th birthday then a fourth dose is needed.
DTP: A child will be fully immunized against diphtheria, tetanus and pertussis with 5 doses of DTP (DT or DtaP) vaccine regardless of age when the last dose was given or (2) s/he received 4 doses of DTP (DT or DtaP) with at least one dose after the fourth birthday. If the 4 th dose was before the 4 th birthday then a fifth dose is needed.
MMR: Two (2) doses of measles containing vaccine received on or after the first birthday and given at least 1-3 months apart. One of these doses must be MMR vaccine.
HEP B: Three (3) doses of Hepatitis B vaccine.
Varicella: One (1) dose of varicella (chickenpox) vaccine or proof from a doctor that the student has had chickenpox disease.
Please bring to your appointment :
- Your Child!
- Certified (Official) Birth Certificate, Passport or Baptismal Certificate (please bring orginal, no copies)
- Proof of Residency (See Below). Current LV families still need to provide required proof for entering kindergartners.
- Immunization Record (Yellow Card or Kaiser Print Out)
- A physical examination is requested at the time of kindergarten registration (if exam given after February 2, 2012), but is not required until entry into First Grade.
- Proof of oral health assessment/dental exam is requested for kindergarten, but is not required until May 31, 2013.
To see the calendar for the upcoming school year, click here: 2012-13 Student Calendar
Proof of Residency Requirements:
The Brentwood Union School District requires three forms of documentation to verify residency within the school district. To verify proof of residence, the following must be provided from each column:
- Current California State Driver’s License
- Current California ID Card
- Valid Passport or Consulate-Issued Picture ID
- Credencial Para Votar
- Military ID
- Other Picture ID
ORIGINAL DOCUMENTS with parent/guardian’s name and CURRENT address
- Valid vehicle registration with current address
- Property Tax Bill with parent/guardian’s name and property address indicating homeowner’s exemption
- Rental/Lease Agreement with parent/guardian’s name, student’s name, and address, as well as manager or owner’s name, address and phone number
- Payroll stubs / checks
- State or Federal Tax Return (computerized or copy of original) filed within the past 12 months with W-2 forms attached. Business returns do not meet residency requirements
- Other forms of communication from a government agency
- For new homeowners, close of escrow documents may be provided as evidence of residency. However, within 30 calendar days of registration with the district, two (2) of the documents listed above must be provided for continued enrollment